Choosing what you want to make a website is probably one of the most important things you can do when you’re creating a website to make money.
What you make the website about, has to be something you know enough about and are interested in enough so that you can create enough high value, good quality content to make it work.
A way I have found useful is by using a creative tool called mind storming, which is a bit like brain storming but involves just you a pen and a sheet of paper.
How to mind storm website ideas
1) Sit down with a pad of paper and a pen
2) Now force yourself to writ 20 different website ideas.
3) Now select the top 5 you would most like to make a website about.
4) Then go to wordtracker.com and do a search for each of the five subject areas to see how many people are searching for that keyword or phrases.
5) Then go to www.google.com and do a search for the keyword or phrases, but make sure you put the keyword or phrases in between " “ so that it only brings back results containing that exact phrases.
6) Now you can see which one is most likely to have the most demand and the least competition.
7) Once you have a website idea you like, uses this same method to come up with ideas for the content of the website.
A good way to keep track of your keyword research is to use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft excel.